Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A Friend's Visit

My best friend of 35 years took a 2½-week-vacation with her family here in the Philippines. Although I just saw her 3 girls about 2 years ago, I was taken aback by how her girls have grown and how they have come to look so much like their Mom so many moons ago when we were still in grade school.

As in most vacations, their schedule was hectic, their breathing spells brought only by much-needed sleep. It is no wonder then that my friend and I rarely had to time to talk when she or I visit, since our every day is tasked with things to do precisely to make most of the “vacation”. The electronic age has brought her much closer to home, and it is ironic that we get to chat more often when she’s far rather than near.

Our eldest daughters born just a year apart, have inherited our youthful quest for thrill and water rides, such that they seek each other out when we vacation together in Orlando. They are our bravehearts, taking on any roller coaster speed and height with relish.

It naturally follows then that Cheska, who is also my goddaughter, requested that she spend her 12th birthday with Pia at Enchanted Kingdom when they visited. For this entry, I’ve included some pictures we’ve taken of the precious and few moments we spent with Teng and her family.
:papers by Jen Wilson of scrapbook-bytes; flower elements and brads by Ali Folendore of scrapbook-bytes
:papers by Dawn Stocstill of scrapbook-bytes; scraplifted from an L/O by Kellie Mize of designer digitals

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you my dear friend for taking time to be with us...I really do not know what I will do without your help....and I wish we could have spent more time... but trying to compact everything really drains energy....
After seing this entry make me want to go back....hirap ma home sick ...but looking at those pictures really captured those happy moments...not enough words can express my forever gratitude....

11:28 PM  
Blogger mrs.S said...

Hi, I bloghopped from Tin's site. I love your LOs! I'll be a frequent visitor, and I hope you don't mind if I link you up.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Tin said...

wow! you've got nice layouts!! hope it's okay if i add your site to my links. thanks for the visit!

6:59 PM  
Blogger MommyBa said...

As always, you did such a great job in scrapping wonderful and memorable moments with the people close to your heart. Thanks for sharing your awesome creations!

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home