Thursday, October 20, 2005

While We Wait

One of the things I asked from God for my birthday last week was to let my son pass his kindergarten admissions exams. For unlike his older sister, Pia, who willingly sat with me through pre-exam cramming sessions, Gabby would quickly extricate himself from my grasp after stating flippantly that he already knows what I am going to teach him. Very smug for someone who is just starting to read 3-letter words. I was especially worried that since he will take the test at 1:00 in the afternoon which was his usual nap time, he might not be able to answer well or just hurry through the whole test so that he can get out of it soonest.

But while we waited for his turn to take the test, I had a feeling that Gabby will prove me wrong. He made us proud by going in to the testing room confidently and after the test, went out with a wave at the lady-teacher. In his own playful way, he must have done his best.

And indeed, he passed the tests. So for this entry, I’ve included a 2-page layout to remember that fateful day when Gabby helped make one of my birthday wishes come true.
:ecstatic extension frame by Jacqui Wilsher from a crop at scrapbook-bytes.com; brushes, papers and transfers from the Youth kit by Denise Docherty of scrapbook-elements.com

:"go" arrow brush by Emma Wilsher from the Visual Emotion cd collection at scrapbook-byes.com: other brushes and papers from the Youth kit by Denise Docherty of scrapbook-elements.com

3 Comments:

Blogger NJbabe said...

Congratulations!!!! I am sure with everything that you have...what more can you ask.....but of course having your kids achieve is more than anything can ask for.....Again do not know where you get your layout ideas and am very, very impressed....Hope you have more time for more pictures and writeups...

3:17 AM  
Blogger MommyBa said...

Excellent page! I may have to scraplift this one soon (and I hope you wouldn't mind) :)

1:08 PM  
Anonymous JO said...

wow! what a nice scrap!

just hopping from mommyba...

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home