Friday, October 14, 2005

The Last of Kin

On the 26th of February this year, my batchmates and I, Batch ‘80 of St. Theresa’s College, Manila, celebrated our 25th highschool reunion. After more than 2 months of weekly song and dance practices, and the final week of nightly jazz exercises, we celebrated the big event at the Makati Shangrila.

We all looked forward to this reunion. Many classmates who now reside in the U.S. braved the rising airfares, not to mention the grueling 16 to 24-hour flight home to Manila for a mere one-week stay. Truly, they graced us with their presence.

Countless stories were told, and we laughed at the silliest of remembrances that only giggly grade school girls will find funny. For that was what we were to each other. Yes, most are successful career women, possibly known in their own fields – but to us, they remain classmates, just a girl who slept in class or whose hieroglyphic writing begged decoding.

It is poignant to remember that after our batch, no Theresian will ever walk the hallowed hallways of our school. We are the last batch to graduate before the Carmelite nuns decided to close STC Manila permanently. I write this now because on Saturday, Oct. 15, I will be given the opportunity to go to where I spent half of my girlhood, the former STCM grounds. And before nostalgia hits me like a ton of bricks all over again, I would like to recall through pictures, the happy times I spent with my batchmates one fine day in February in a small town in Batangas.
:paper by Rebecca diGrazio of scrapbook-bytes.com; stitches by Gina Cabrera of digital design essentials; paper flower and brads by Trish Jones of scrapbook-bytes.com; lace corners by Rina Kroes of scrapbook-bytes.com
:papers, tab, and brads by Rebecca diGrazio of scrapbook-bytes.com

1 Comments:

Blogger NJbabe said...

Thanks again for reminding me those fun filled days we had. Come to think of it, everybody was either eating, talking, laughing that day at Batangas...never a dull moment....Haay how I envy you and rest going inside the school for the first time (hopefully not the last)after so much years.....Thank you for taking time to re-create these fond memories...

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home