Friday, September 23, 2005

Question Me An Answer

Since Gabby’s budding inquisitiveness from the time he spoke, I have been looking for the books that I used to read just so I can answer all of my daughter’s questions when she was Gabby’s age. Of course, Edwin says I don’t really need those now with the advent of wikipedia. But there’s something about the feel of the written word that makes books handy companions when being questioned incessantly by a 4-year old.

And so I’ve done a couple of layouts which show how we answered just 2 of the questions Gabby asked us.
1. Why does the fish open and close its mouth? Since I’m not overly fond of fishes and know very little about them, it was a good thing that Edwin was there to answer Gab’s question.

:paper from the Visual Emotion Collection cd At Scrapbook-bytes; recolored wordart by AnnaAspnes of fotoscrapix
2. Where does the sun go when it sets? He asked me this question while we were looking out our window one dusk in October last year. Naturally, I evaded the question by telling him that we’ll just show him. What better place in the world can we go to show Gabby where the sun sets than our very own Manila Bay? As we strolled on the cemented walk at Luneta, I myself was awed by nature’s own rendition of the changing hues of reds and yellows that swathed the sky that late afternoon. I was thankful too for my son’s query for I had forgotten just how breath-taking our sunsets can be in this little piece of paradise we call home.

:papers by Denise Docherty from scrapbook-elements.com; wordart from scrapbook-bytes

2 Comments:

Blogger NJbabe said...

Thank you for sharing those precious moments. It is sometimes unbelievable how inquisitive little minds are...makes one walk back twice and rethink...
One goes so far to see wonderous places when Lunea(once the only place to go when we were young) is just a stone throw away...makes me want to be young again...
Good job and it is about time...I say more, more, more.....

11:12 PM  
Blogger MommyBa said...

You did a great job in both layouts. It's very, very creative of you to have thought of such a thing. The sunset LO's breathtaking. Makes me want to capture that in pictures real soon.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home