Tuesday, September 27, 2005

20/20

We take it for granted that we age with every second of every day. Sometimes though, it manifests itself in ways we cannot ignore. The following is an account of one such encounter.

For several weeks now, I’ve been experiencing headaches and finding it increasingly difficult to read. Having been myopic since 7, I thought that I needed a higher grade for my contact lenses. So after a few more days of denial, I jumped to acceptance and decided to have my eyes checked. After I was assured that my contact lenses were fine, the good doctor made me try the big chunky glasses for near vision screening. And Whoa! I could see those letters without having to stretch my arms. Then, she said, “you have to wear reading glasses…it is part of the natural aging process. How old are you?” Ouch!

Yes, it finally dawned on me. Age is taking its toll. I couldn’t fully understand before why some of my high school and law school classmates had to take out their small square glasses when confronted with some form of reading material. Now I know, and I join them in the group action of having to grope for the dreaded reading glasses. What is my sole comfort in all these thoughts of ‘advancing maturity’? With my eyeglasses, I again have a vision of modified 20/20.
:border strip at the bottom from the Summer Dew crop kit of Scrapartist

2 Comments:

Blogger MommyBa said...

I love the subtle color that you used for this layout. Your eyes are beautiful!

8:59 AM  
Blogger NJbabe said...

HA...HA...HA...Certain acceptance of things comes in due time. Di bale wearing glasses makes one more looks diligent (aka genius) so what does that tell about me who still have not that perfect vision but need not wear reading glasses????No need to answer the question as I know you too well...hehehehe...Mysterious eyes...hmmmm....Okay I am waiting for more.....

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home