Friday, August 05, 2005

Have a Happy Birthday



It’s funny how birthdays bring out the best in us. I notice that “birthday celebrants” are generally happy and won’t let anything ruin their day. So what is so special about birthdays?

Well, history says that the tradition of celebrating birthdays started in Europe. At that time, evil spirits were said to be attracted to people on their birthdays. To ward them off, friends and family gather round and bear good wishes and thoughts to the birthday celebrant. Later, gifts were brought to make for a merrier occasion.
It was also said that at that time, only kings were worthy of celebrating their birthdays. This is probably why we have birthday crowns or hats worn during these parties. Eventually, even ordinary people including children who enjoyed them the most, celebrated their birthdays. Thus, the advent of birthday parties.

My son celebrated his 4th birthday last month, and like any other child his age, he looked forward to it even a month before. I chose to include in this entry not the usual birthday layout, but my memory of his joyful anticipation for this event. Here’s to you, son.

1 Comments:

Blogger MommyBa said...

Finally, I'm able to see your work after several days of secretly waiting for your husband to finally tell me a site that I can go to to see your precious works.

This is such a great way to remember your son's birthday. I'm pretty sure that he'll like it when he sees it.

I love how you did the journaling and the layering of the papers you used. Great layout! Keep it up!

I hope you don't mind if I link you up from my scrapping blog.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home