Friday, August 05, 2005

A Continuing Saga

:digital transfers by Denise Docherty; misprinted type brushes; wordart mine
I have heard almost unbelievable stories of women who can give birth in a matter of hours, even minutes, from start of labor. I envy these ladies, for I was not blessed with this gift. I was one of of those who had to stay in the labor room for 18 hours and experience the pains of pre-childbirth, before I can lay eyes on to my mind, two of the most magnificent of God's creatures...my two children.
And so our adventure began: sleepless nights, visits to the pediatrician, baptism, first smile, change in formula, first tooth, strollers, first step, birthday parties, out-of-town trips, pre-school, countless good-byes before leaving for pre-school, and the list still goes on as I write this.
We all have our own lists, our own unique joys, our own adventures that unfold each day. We all keep them and ponder them in our hearts. But stories were made to be written and told. One day perhaps, in the not-so-distant future, I too will tell stories to faces who I hope will look like mine, about a baby girl and a baby boy who hold my heart in their hands.

1 Comments:

Blogger MommyBa said...

I had a very difficult pregnancy with my son. I almost lost him on my 3rd month, prompting me to give up my job and stay in bed until the 8th month. Paper scrapping helped ease the boredom but since I was a very sickly and very pregnant woman that time, it was the only thing I could do to keep my sanity aside from the occasional 30 minutes of going online when I felt not so sick.

Labor was difficult for me too. Contractions started 24 hours earlier and just progressed until I gave birth to a very beautiful baby boy.

I have so much to scrap about because my toddler is growing up so fast and I don't wanna miss out on the small details that make our life full of wonder and adventure with him around.

Children are darlings! They just make us feel so special :)

Happy scrapping! Great layout!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home